Friday, April 25, 2008

The first.

As of the last month, I've had a few new developments arise, many of which I don't know what to do with. A couple weeks ago the band that I play in (Relevant Worship) had its CD release. It's something that I've looked forward to before the CD was even recorded. I knew what energy would come from the show, and how much everyone would enjoy it. There were about 1000-1200 people there altogether, I believe that's including the almost 60 person technical support team including 4 Band sound techs, 2 house techs, a video crew of about 10, and after that the other 40 something was made up of volunteers and other house production members. Music is what keeps me going. Unless there needs to be absolute silence, I'm listening to something. In those situations however, I have in ear monitors that block out, outside noise, so essentially I'm always listening to music. Some of the developments that I started to mention earlier would have interfered with that. Currently I manage a local food place that at night, when I'm running the show, caters mostly to drunk people and junkies. I started seeing one of the day managers a few days before my CD release and thought it was a nice change of pace from the work driven single life that I'd been living for the last few months or so. Everything seemed good, until I found out that she was an agnostic that believed in re-incarnation. I don't know how that all works together, but that's besides the point. Everything managed to nose-dive after that, and it was surprisingly for the best. I have a hard time letting people down, especially people that have seemed to take an interest in me as well. Somehow, God managed to work it out so far past my mind that, when I went to work today, everyone asked me what happened with Jess and I. I had no idea what they were talking about. But it further proves that even though we may try as hard as we can to figure out the answer for a problem, God always has something interesting going on in the background. While I was trying to figure out how to get out of the pseudo-relationship I was in, God managed to work me out of it on his own. No problems, no hard feelings. Just, closure.

I suppose as my first post (because Jon got me interested in this blog crap) that this is a new beginning, the seasons are changing on the calendar, as they are in my life. At the end of the summer I won't be a teenager anymore. Something I've been waiting for, for 7 years. And I'll be returning to school in the fall to start making something of myself and hopefully not just fall between the cracks like every other musician in Buffalo and actually do something productive. Tomorrow Relevant is playing at the University of Buffalo for the National Day of Prayer. It'll be an official fresh start and will kick off the summer tour season nicely. Something I just couldn't do with someone that I don't see eye to eye on with my religion. Which is the most important thing for me. That's just something I can't ignore.

No comments: