Sunday, December 7, 2008

You have cancer, surprise!

As I drove home from some store a couple nights ago, when I was actually having a decent day I saw an advertisement on the side of a bus that said; "You have prostate cancer. Go to Roswell Park."

Interesting. I didn't know that. I missed that memo. Hear that mom? I have prostate cancer. I'm just gonna skedaddle over to R.P. real quick, get that all checked out, yeah, I'll get milk on the way home too. Shouldn't be too bad, right? I mean its not like I wanted to keep it a secret or anything. What better way to freak the hell out of people than letting them stare at a big purple death bus at 4 in the morning. "Hi, good morning world! I'm a goofy purple bus, and I'm here to ruin your day, or maybe week, or maybe even your life!"

My personal issue with this is as follows;

Can you do that? Can you buy advertising telling people that they have a terminal illness and to go to where you rape dying people for money?

Yeah sure, clearly other stupid things like, you're going to hell, or Bush sucks can be plastered all over something. But what about terminal illness that could simply throw someone into a suicidal spiral. Then consider this scenario.

Said person sees bus. Looses their sanity. And then is committed to a mental institution because they are utterly convinced that they have cancer. And they have to get to Roswell Park. Could that person sue Roswell Park for all of the medical bills they acquired whilst being "insane" and also collect mental and emotional damages?

If, that is possible in any capacity, like $500 or more in payments, I would like everyone to know that I will be shortly declared insane. I'll be staying at the "happy house" for a few months. Then, I'll be filthy rich. And no. I see absolutely no moral problem with this at all. Stealing money from the health care tycoons is not a legal issue. Not in my eyes. And I'm insane. Remember?

3 comments:

Jon Dayton said...

We should find out how much it costs to wrap a bus and then put up something that's utterly obnoxious yet totally legal.

Pamela said...

Oh my good Lord. You are out of control.

Amanda said...

That's one way to get the much needed money.

But it's just a little ridiculous.