Wednesday, August 6, 2008

The true friends

So now is about that time period, that I have to stop whining about the band situation. I definitely have, but I just wanted to state that for my safety's sake. I've gone through my problems with fake people, and fake Christians, and a couple other groups of people that I really can't stand. Now comes the point in time when I look at the opposite of all those people. The people that do actually care, and the people that I know I can count on to have my back when I really need it. These people I like to call my closest friends, and if someone screws with any of them, someone is going to get their ass kicked. Here we go.
I work a lot. And I mean a lot. It's not back breaking labor, its more mentally abusive labor. We get paid to slap subs together, baby sit the drunks, and occasionally mess someone up real good. So you need someone who's behind you all the way in those situations. I love my crew. It's taken me a long time to be happy with them, but now I most certainly am. I'm the youngest, and I'm the boss. Most of the guys have about ten years on me. But they trust me, that even when I may lose it, they can understand why. I walked in last night to be greeted by one of the veterans announcing, "Hey everybody, our manager is here!" Whether it was meant as a joke or not, it means a lot that I can count on these guys, and that they respect me last night. The day manager pulled some stupid backstabbing bullshit, because I'm trying to clean up and won't sell to him anymore. (If you don't understand that, just forget I said it) So went on a rampage on my crew while I wasn't there, because he knows no one gets away with talking to my guys that way. I'll fuck you up if you even think about doing something to them while you're in my store. So to strike back a bit, I instituted some new policy at 3A.M. last night. It may be a little asinine but they're backing it. Because they were pissed that the day guy dared to try and make their boss look bad. To my crew, thank you for having my back, and I'll always have yours. We're doing this shit until they can't take us anymore.

On the same list, are the other managers from other stores that I need to have around to help me keep my shit straight. Alex, and Josh. Josh has been my work conscience and guiding light for awhile, and saved my job numerous times. Alex, has single handed backed me all the way back up from the bottom. Everyone needs some one they can trust, someone to help out when no one else will even try to keep up. Except for that one person that just keeps pushing you farther ahead than you thought you could ever do. 80 hour work weeks and the bat cave are only the tip of that iceberg.

Next we move on to the Relevant people. Well, the ones that still care enough to be around when that holy shit storm moves up on the horizon. Kevin, you sir are ridiculous. I have no idea why you still hang out with someone who you know is going to do something stupid, and say something terrible, about as often as you need to take a breath. Thanks for taking care of me when I needed it, and for not changing your mind when it really, can't afford to be changed. Next we move on to the recently, somewhat exiled, but still, every ones favorite intern, Amanda. You think that you haven't been around much, but you're around when it counts, and that means more than those half assed people that show up for all the good stuff. And the next time you decide to buy a futon, and have me push it up three flights of stairs in a run down apartment building, and then having me put it together, at least give me a heads up, please. It'll make it easier on everyone. Love you big sister. And to wrap up, I give everyone the Dayton's. I met Jon years ago, and lost touch until, very, very recently. But somehow over the course of, about a month, I've gotten more out of the talks over a couple beers and some cigars with Jon and Pamela, than out of any church meeting, or group, ever. I know life is busy, especially with ridiculous work schedules, and I can't imagine what having kids on top of that adds to your daily plate. But thank you, for taking quite a bit of time recently, to just hang out, and be a good influence, and just good friends when I really needed it. I can only hope that when I do get all grown up someday that I can have the family relationship that you guys do, and that I can try and get my shit at least half as together as you guys have it.

All these people, during the recent "shitting up of my boots" have kept me from totally going off the deep end. Thanks guys. There is no moral, or point to this post other than the fact that I'm bad at telling people these things in person. Thank you personality less Internet for that out let

1 comment:

Pamela said...

Aw shucks. I'm blushing. Thanks for the love.