Saturday, September 27, 2008

Finally, a totally enjoyable night without worries.

So its been awhile, and since it's 630 in the morning, and I have nothing better to do, and I didn't even work tonight, I figured at least I'd do some of this.

Apparently I am God awful at beer pong.

Tonight was my first whole weekend day off in awhile, and so me and the day manager decided to have a party since, well, we never get to hang out. So, starting off at 9pm my night crew doesn't show up. Crackheads are somewhat unreliable in case you were wondering. After half an hour, they showed up and all the day crew could leave and go to a party with every one's favorite Steakout Belmont manager. Me. At midnight, Kevin, Alex and I were supposed to head to my place and have a fire and a few beers in the backyard. Well, Alex had to work all night, but Kevin was on his way down, so he came over as well. We're 1-2 in beer pong. As we ran out of cigarettes, we drove to the gas station and heard the band Heart on the radio. Automatically my sister pops into my head when ever I hear Heart, so I talked with her for a bit.

The story starts getting good here if you're still reading.

After our last loss, Kevin takes off, and the day manager and I convince our boss to stop by. He lives around the corner, so why not. Here is where I throw in that managers and employees at my job are NOT allowed to hang out, outside of work. We got them to play beer pong with us, that's right. A 40 year old man with a wife and kid played beer pong with me. And somehow won. I'm making the assumption that since I almost fell on top of the rather attractive girl that works across the street, at least 7 times, I was rather drunk.

So there you go. There is no moral, no point, nothing. It's just nice to know that as much as the place that I work at sometimes pisses me off, almost all of my friends are there. I've had to grow close to all of them, not only by necessity, but the fact that they never let me down, as long as they can help it. For some odd reason people are drawn to me, at least on the loyalty front. I need to figure out why that is and exploit it for all it's worth. Why the people that I am in charge of will jump at anything I say, and why they won't do it for anyone else, unless their job is threatened.

Damn. I guess I really can't write anything without trying to prove a point or make a statement. Anyways. Someone blueprint that why people are drawn to me thing so I can figure out how to make some money off of it. Thanks

2 comments:

Jon Dayton said...

I seem to have a similar condition. For some reason people listen to my advice. Some even seek it out. Very strange indeed. I'm sort of locked into my current lifestyle, but you sir, you should certainly look into exploiting that quirk of yours.

relevant tech said...

yeah that weekend was a bit fun to say the least