Wednesday, September 3, 2008

The olympics

Sitting here after the Olympics are over, makes me kind of wish every day was like the Olympics. See, in the Olympics, there's no screwing around. There are no semi-finals or almost championships. You win an event, you are automatically crowned world champion for the next 4 years. I'm not one for a whole lot of competition, and I don't want my life to be like the Olympics in that way, per Se. What I would like, is to do something once, and be done with it for four years. Haircut? Back in 4 years. Oil change? another 4. Working? maybe once every two years. But hey, most Olympic athletes have sponsorships to do nothing but train for the 4 years in between their events. In this country at least, other countries, its the threat of death. But that's why Phelps doesn't actually look like a human, he looks like some kind of jacked up crack head. Cause, lets face it. Only people on drugs move that fast. And, they only move that fast to get more drugs. Chances are, someone put a couple rocks in the other end of the pool, and put Phelps in the pool 30 seconds after he started coming down. Maybe I should stop working at a job that has me around drug addicts all the time. Then, I probably wouldn't be calling this dude, who everyone else has named a national hero, a crack head. It's not like the dude cured AIDS. Sorry thats a little out dated. He didn't cure cancer. He swims fast. Congrats slugger! You can swim!

2 comments:

Jon Dayton said...

Nice post Dood! Good length, plenty of sarcasm and bile. You're going to have hundreds of readers before you know it!

Pamela said...

You do know that Michael Phelps is my boyfriend, right? So no more of this crack head nonsense, or we can't be friends.

And the word verification. Come on.